Sitting on a seat named the “Seat of Knowledge” overlooking Blacks Beach in Mackay, tropical Queensland, bathed in the humidity brought in by the sea breeze, serenaded by rainbow lorikeets ….just absorbing the landscape on front of me…and idly watching the world pass by.
I have noticed a number of thoughts randomly amble past as I sit here….
1. osteoporosis doesn’t look any better if you are sun bronzed.
2. why am I now in possession of my aunt’s crooked feet?
3. red tailed cockatoo juveniles sound just like all young birds as they bumble along the branches above my head while trying to maintain some semblance of elegance (and not succeeding)
4. the temperature variations in the breeze that envelopes me must be about 3-5C
5. What causes what people call wind trails in the ocean…those calm streaks that seem to defy explanation (and so far no one has been able to explain them….not even Wikipedia)….
6. Australia is a most amazing country with its diverse landscapes, geology, climate, bird life and wildlife.
7. There’s something magical about being a bit of a gypsy after nearly 40 years of 3 jobs at times and 55 hour weeks at others……
8. Musing is underrated!!!!